LAST UPDATED: June 25, 2020
- The Arlington Grille will reopen on June 30, 2020
- The Aquatics Center will be open for recreational use beginning June 29, 2020 (see below for regulations)
- The Pro Shop is available to only one customer at a time
- The Fitness Center is open with some restrictions (maintain 6 ft social distancing and wearing a mask)
- The Golf Course is open and players must check in at the Pro-Shop window.
- The Administrative Office employees are working remotely and are available during normal business hours.
The University Club at Arlington is pleased to announce the opening of the pool for recreational use on June 29, 2020. At this time, the pool will be available for member-use only. Members are encouraged to call ahead (622-6280) and inform the Club of their intent to use the pool; this will allow the pool staff to manage capacity. Members will be permitted to request one Nanny Pass for the season to use when a parent or guardian is unable to attend.
The pool deck will be limited to a maximum of 200 members (children and adults) at all times. The entrance to the pool will be at the northern gate on the lake side; the exit will be at the southern gate opening to the parking lot. This will allow members to enter and exit the pool area without passing through the concession area. Lifeguard staff will count members entering and exiting the pool area to ensure that deck capacity is not exceeded at any time.
Following are the schedule and guidelines that have been established for opening the pool for recreational use:
- Monday – Thursday 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sunday 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Members are encouraged to call ahead to check on capacity. Walk-ups are welcome, but if the pool deck is at capacity there may be a delay in admittance.
- Upon arrival, members must present their membership card/ID, and check-in with pool staff at the side window of the concession stand.
- All chairs will be placed six (6) feet apart to maintain proper social distancing. Members should not move/rearrange chairs or congregate with anyone who is not from their immediate household.
- Members are encouraged to wear face coverings when not in pool.
- Members should maintain six (6) feet between themselves and anyone not from their immediate household any time they’re in the pool, and their head is above the water.
- Locker rooms will be limited to five (5) members at a time; all members are encouraged to wear a face covering while in the locker room.
- Locker rooms will be cleaned/sanitized hourly.
- Lifeguards will clean/sanitize all commonly-touched areas hourly (i.e., boards, railings, ladders, etc.).
- Lifeguards will wear face coverings when not on stand.
- Lifeguards will maintain six (6) feet of distance at all times with other guards and patrons; unless actively engaged in life-saving measures.
- All members are encouraged to wash their hands when arriving at the pool.
The concession area will also be opening on June 29, 2020. There will be markings on the floor instructing members where to stand, wait, and order. It is imperative that all members follow social distancing guidelines in this congested area to provide a safe environment for all members.
We are excited to share this positive development with our members, and are so pleased that it has been made possible with the phased re-opening of the Commonwealth and in cooperation and coordination with University Administration. If you have questions about the opening of the pool for recreational use, please contact Steve.Caudill@eku.edu.